Monday, November 10, 2014

"I Can Only Imagine" ...according to M

Oh, little M. Our little, literal M.

This morning, I was singing all the songs I could think of, and M was dancing. (Well, he was running around the room and calling it dancing. His dancing is a lot like my singing.)

I started singing, "I Can Only Imagine," and M stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

"Are you singing that you can ONLY imagine?" he asked me, as serious as he could be. "Can't you do anything else? Can you talk? Can you play?You mean you can ONLY imagine? Is that what you said?"

I explained, of course, that the song was talking about heaven... and how, right now, we can't see or visit or experience heaven. We can only imagine it. I was sure that this explanation would clear things right up for him.

But... no.

"Are you saying you can ONLY imagine heaven? But I imagine all kinds of things! I imagine flying in an airplane and going to Mimi's house!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!