A certain very busy 10 month old (and her almost four year old brother) make it more challenging than ever to find the time to sit down... much less the time to sit down and blog! But here I am, while S destroys the living room & while M takes a rare afternoon nap. (He proclaimed that he was going to play during his rest time, but I just peeked in and found him with his beloved green blanket pulled up to his chin.)
One day we went to a local zoo with some new friends. When trying to catch a taxi to go there, all the taxi drivers kept telling us that we did NOT want to go there and that it was a run-down petting zoo, but we thought it was pretty nice, and M and his new friends had a blast.
Here's Kenny getting his workout on in a paddle boat...
Our "S" sandwich...
When I first saw this sign, I didn't know whether to laugh or be alarmed.
But it wasn't too long before we SAW some of the aforementioned giant lizards. They were several feet long, and I am still not sure what in the world they were!
The seal show was entirely in Thai, but we got the point. :)
One night, K INSISTED that I go out with a friend for a Thai foot massage while he kept the kids. I came back to find this precious sight!
While in Bangkok, we used a few different types of transportation. There are tuk tuks, which are kind of like rickshaws but much pricier.
I think they are more of a tourist trap in Bangkok, so we only rode on one this trip. We also took several taxis and used their Skytrain system, which is super nice and reminded us a lot of our time in Vancouver. When we noticed that one of the stations was called Nana, we had to take a picture for our Nana!
Views of Bangkok:
We spent a lot of our times either at malls... or eating... or eating at malls. It was fun to shop at some favorite American brand stores, though many of the prices were insane! We enjoyed some great meals... a yummy taco place, plenty of burgers, some pad Thai and a couple of smoothies for me.
M will eat cheeseburgers but prefers hot dogs! This was still a great treat for him since it's hard to find good hot dogs where we live.

And S woke up with some seriously sweaty and crazy hair!
We had a great time in Bangkok and were glad to get away for a few days, but we were equally glad to hop back on a plane and head back home. S didn't sleep very well with all of us in the room together, so it was a relief to get everyone back into their own beds once again!
So here goes....
Thailand. The day after Christmas, we woke up early to head to the airport and fly to Bangkok. The four hour flight felt like eternity! M is a fantastic little traveler, but at this age, S is a little more of a challenge... especially now that she is so mobile and excited about crawling anywhere and everywhere!
![]() |
| {Enjoying one last Christmas cookie before we boarded the plane.} |
One day we went to a local zoo with some new friends. When trying to catch a taxi to go there, all the taxi drivers kept telling us that we did NOT want to go there and that it was a run-down petting zoo, but we thought it was pretty nice, and M and his new friends had a blast.
Here's Kenny getting his workout on in a paddle boat...
The dino exhibit was definitely a highlight for little M!
When I first saw this sign, I didn't know whether to laugh or be alarmed.
But it wasn't too long before we SAW some of the aforementioned giant lizards. They were several feet long, and I am still not sure what in the world they were!
The seal show was entirely in Thai, but we got the point. :)
We somehow managed to forget both our stroller AND our carrier on this trip, but a friend let us borrow her carrier for the zoo day, which was a major blessing! How sweet is this girl in her little sun hat?
One night, K INSISTED that I go out with a friend for a Thai foot massage while he kept the kids. I came back to find this precious sight!
While in Bangkok, we used a few different types of transportation. There are tuk tuks, which are kind of like rickshaws but much pricier.
I think they are more of a tourist trap in Bangkok, so we only rode on one this trip. We also took several taxis and used their Skytrain system, which is super nice and reminded us a lot of our time in Vancouver. When we noticed that one of the stations was called Nana, we had to take a picture for our Nana!
We stumbled upon this playground accidentally, but would totally come here again! Right in the middle of the city, there is a beautiful park that's perfect for kids. They even had ice cream for sale... what more can you ask for?
Shiloh snoozed in my arms while M played. She took so many naps in my arms on this trip... and while my arms did get tired, these are the moments I treasure. It won't be long before she is chasing her brother around the playground!
![]() |
We spent a lot of our times either at malls... or eating... or eating at malls. It was fun to shop at some favorite American brand stores, though many of the prices were insane! We enjoyed some great meals... a yummy taco place, plenty of burgers, some pad Thai and a couple of smoothies for me.
M will eat cheeseburgers but prefers hot dogs! This was still a great treat for him since it's hard to find good hot dogs where we live.
I had been looking forward to my first IKEA visit for months, and it did not disappoint! I wasn't prepared for how HUGE and overwhelming it is, but I still found some great things to spend my "Christmas money" on. Organizing bins for M's toys, baskets to keep our clothes neater inside our wardrobes, some kitchen gadgets, etc. Now I understand why everyone kept telling us to "make a day out of it"... because by the time you reach the checkout line, you are completely exhausted!
For most of my shopping time, K kept S and M busy at a play place in the mall.
Near IKEA was a place called Charlie Brown cafe, but oddly enough it didn't seem to be geared toward kids at all. The food was fancy and way overpriced, and the cafe was filled with adults rather than children! M did get to eat a (pricey!) cookie and take a quick pic though!

In the taxi, M and S both took naps...
And S woke up with some seriously sweaty and crazy hair!
We had a great time in Bangkok and were glad to get away for a few days, but we were equally glad to hop back on a plane and head back home. S didn't sleep very well with all of us in the room together, so it was a relief to get everyone back into their own beds once again!
![]() |
| {S and I taking a little snooze in the airport waiting for our return flight.} |






















No comments:
Post a Comment
We would love to hear from you!