Thursday, November 19, 2015

Back to blogging!

Wow, how has it has been seven months since my last blog post?! I guess I have been too busy living life to stop and record it, but I really do want to do a better job of sharing our colorful life (and growing kiddos) with you all. The days, weeks & months pass so quickly, and I don't want to forget the little moments that make up this season of life.

Today, I don't have a funny story or anything profound to say. But I do have some recent (and pretty random) pictures of some cute kids that I'd like to share!

For the longest time, it seemed like little S would never slow down enough to listen to an entire book. But now this girl loves being read to! She definitely has her favorites. She would listen to Frosty the Snowman & her book of nursery rhymes over and over. And of course, M still loves books as much as always!



Here are the kids "helping" Varsha Didi prepare methi bhaji. "Methi" means fenugreek, and it is one of my favorite South Asian dishes. The small green leaves are usually cooked with pieces of potato and served with some warm chapatis. Delicious!


Here's what it looks like when it's all cooked. Unfortunately I am the only one in the family who appreciates this deliciousness!


I can't remember if this next picture was before Daddy left on a trip, or after he returned... but I love it either way. He has been gone quite a bit lately. We miss him so much while he's gone, but it does make our time together even sweeter!


Sharing a banana. Of course right after this picture was taken, S decided to start squashing her banana in between her fingers and made a big mess. Ah, memories.


Last month, I spent FIVE whole days away from the kids and K at some meetings. I sure missed them all, but it really was a refreshing time. I am so thankful for a husband who is not only fully capable of taking care of the kids in my absence, but who is also fully willing. That is a somewhat rare trait in America, but even more rare here.  When friends and especially my house helper found out that I would be traveling alone and leaving the kids in his care, they were totally shocked.

But, not surprisingly (to me at least), he did great.

He helped M with his homework....


Fixed Shiloh's hair...

Took them out to the mall to pick out new books...




And lots more fun stuff.  I think I definitely missed the kiddos a lot more than they missed me!

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll be back with more pictures & stories soon. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!