Thanksgiving week is here! In the spirit of the holiday, I thought I'd share a few of the things I am especially thankful for this year. :)
Our faith - Every day, I have the strength to wake up in this new place & live this new life because of the deep-down joy I have in Jesus. I am ever thankful for what He has done in me!
Our faith - Every day, I have the strength to wake up in this new place & live this new life because of the deep-down joy I have in Jesus. I am ever thankful for what He has done in me!
Little M - My heart has been stolen by this boy who wakes up saying, "I just wanna play wif you a few minutes." This boy who sneaks books out of his wardrobe during naptime and falls asleep studying their pages. This boy who is full of energy... and opinions... and whose hilarious comments make it awfully hard to keep a straight face when he disobeys. He is one of a kind, and he brings so much joy and laughter into our lives!
|
Playing in our society's (aka apartment complex) garden area:
{We finally got M the bike we've been promising him since Canada!}
Baby #2 - Last week, we had the amazing joy of seeing our second child on an ultrasound. I've been able to feel the baby move for several weeks now, but there is just something about catching a glimpse of his or her precious face (and tiny toes)! I am so thankful for this child, and am so excited to meet him or her this spring!
My husband - Traveling the world together with our toddler in tow has brought me to a whole new level of appreciation for this man I have loved since I was 16 years old. I am thankful for his passion for truth and for the way he both challenges and encourages me. I am also so thankful for how hardworking and willing to help he is... and for how quick he is to remind me that we are a TEAM! I am so thankful that M and Baby #2 have such an amazing Daddy.
Friends all over the world - Over the past year, we have met dozens of amazing families who are now scattered all across the globe. It is so fun to follow each of their journeys through social media... and even compare notes about what life is like in our new countries!
Friends here - We have been blessed with amazing coworkers who have made all the difference in our first month and a half here! From helping us find an apartment and furniture to providing meals and fellowship, they have all gone out of their way to help us feel at home here! We are looking forward to sharing a Thanksgiving meal with them on Friday... turkey included!
Family and friends back home - From encouraging emails to texts that simply ask how our day has been, we are very thankful for all our loved ones who have been faithful to let us know that we have not been forgotten!
Our new city - Our new home is worlds away from Alabama, but there are many things about it we have already grown to love. For one thing, you never know what you might see! A camel being led down the road? A herd of water buffalo wandering across a busy street? A family of pigs picking through trash on the side of the road? Around here, you just never know. It's such a colorful place! There are plenty of cultural differences that we are still adjusting to... but there are many, many things here to be thankful for!
New friends - We have been blessed by some sweet new friends here, who help us practice our new language and navigate this brand new world!
Technology - It's never easy to be so far from the ones we love, but with the holiday season upon us, it's getting a little tougher. I am really grateful for the way technology brings us a little bit closer to our families back home. Through things like Facetime, M's grandparents can hang out with their grandson once or twice a week! He can show them his toys, they can read him books while he eats dinner, and if we let him hold the phone, they can even jump on the bed or do a silly dance with him! No, it's not the same as being there, but it is awfully good, and I am so thankful for it.
This list doesn't even begin to touch on all the ways my family and I have been blessed, but it's a start! I am also thankful for YOU... for ALL of you who remember us and follow our journey. Happy Thanksgiving!
Family and friends back home - From encouraging emails to texts that simply ask how our day has been, we are very thankful for all our loved ones who have been faithful to let us know that we have not been forgotten!
Our new city - Our new home is worlds away from Alabama, but there are many things about it we have already grown to love. For one thing, you never know what you might see! A camel being led down the road? A herd of water buffalo wandering across a busy street? A family of pigs picking through trash on the side of the road? Around here, you just never know. It's such a colorful place! There are plenty of cultural differences that we are still adjusting to... but there are many, many things here to be thankful for!
![]() |
| {Just a little homework help... I can use all the help I can get!} |
![]() |
| {M is meeting new friends too!} |
![]() |
| {Offering Nana a bite of his ice cream} |















No comments:
Post a Comment
We would love to hear from you!