Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Almost 3 & (Mostly) Adorable

I seem to be averaging about one blog post per year.

I am not going to make any promises about posting more frequently, but I have had so many thoughts bouncing around in my mind lately. Memories I want to hold on to, and little stories I'd like to share. Some days seem to drag on forever, but the months and years... they fly. And our days of our little people being little are melting away too quickly.

Below you'll find a few of my favorite memories of S1 in the hilarious, frustrating, and incredibly adorable stage she is in today. She'll turn THREE in just a couple of months!





Every day S1 is saying a new word, or stringing more words together as sentences. I love seeing her grow, but oh how precious her speech is right now. Milk is "gup." Me too is "me moo." Princess is "ressy." Pretty is "ritty"... actually usually it is "ooooooh, ritty!" She often answers us with either a casual "yah" or a very formal "yes, Daddy" with an adorable pause in between the "yes" and the "daddy."









And she is very convincing. When she has a plan, she babbles about it and then looks at us with eyebrows raised and head nodding, saying "Kay? Kay? Okay?? Yah? Yah?" She will continue on like that, passionately trying to convince us until we finally give some sign of agreement. One day this week, I heard her rustling around in the fridge. A moment later, she came out with her prize - a Reese cup. "Choco - lan! Niiiiiiiice choco-lan!" she said, while smiling her sweetest smile and petting the candy like a puppy. How in the world am I supposed to say no to that? (In case you're wondering... I didn't.)









She is even starting to make her own jokes... sort of. When K is putting her to bed and he tells her it is time to go to sleep, she will cut her eyes over at him as a slow smile spreads across her face. "Yes...... Mommy." Then come the giggles.














On the not-so-cute side, she is also very skilled at letting us know what she does NOT want. For a few months now, she has started saying "'Ont want it!" She then fills in the blank with whatever she isn't wanting at the moment. "Ont want it sleep! Ont want it eating! Ont want it chicken! Ont want it "tat" (cat)!"












Oh, this girl can be grumpy, with her arms folded, lips poked out and mind made up. The other day, she cried all through dinner because we were making her eat her vegetables. As long as every single thing goes her way, she is an absolute delight. If anything goes wrong, watch out! She also has NO problem in standing up for herself. Tonight, I was putting S2 to bed while S1 and M played with a bucketful in the bathroom. Of course, they were arguing. S1 evidently poured a flowerpot of cold water on M's head. He shouted, "You are bad!" To which she replied (at the top of her lungs, unfortunately) "NO! I........NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!"









But oh, S1 can also be adorable. Absolutely hilarious. Fun-loving. And so, so sweet. She is growing up before my eyes. Her hair is halfway down her back, and she has transformed from our second baby into our very first little girl.







More memories to come of little M and S2. (Hopefully before 2018.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!