Last Saturday, we headed out to a local park with a splash area. It was a little cool out to be playing in the water (never thought I'd say that in July), but M loved it anyway. He is always ready to "play water" as he likes to say.
And we had to FaceTime Mimi so that she could see him wearing his new hat!
We are starting to fall into a weekend routine. On Saturdays, we try to get out and do something fun, and on Sundays, we sleep as late as M will let us and then head out for our weekly groceries. Sweet M almost never makes it home from our grocery run awake.
We love playgrounds! M gets to burn off energy, and we all get to meet new friends from all over the world.
One day this week, M spotted K's phone charging. He picked it up and said, "I callin' GG! I callin' GG!" And so we did!
We were all excited to open a "pattidge" from Aunt D... M was especially "'cited" about the Chef Boyardee, "tookies" and "tandy!"
I love this picture of my sleepy sweetie and his blanket that my Mom made him.
"I luff my Daddy! I huggin' my Daddy!" I am blessed to love and be loved by them both!
Yesterday, we headed out to Granville Island. It's not actually an island, but it did have a fun atmosphere and was full of neat places to explore. There is a huge public market filled with amazingly beautiful (but quite pricey!) produce, cheese, meats, chocolates, and more.
There's also a huge food court inside, but instead of chain restaurants, you can order food from all over the world. I had Chinese, K had a burger (not pictured), and M had a PB&J we brought from home. Typical!
On the "island," there is also a Kids Market, a two-story building filled with nothing but cool toys and clothes for kids. We wisely avoided the expensive stores but M and I did try out the Adventure Zone, a multi-level play place with a ball pit. M loved it!
The only bad part of the whole thing was that M decided to create a messy diaper while on the bottom level of the play structure... which meant that I had the exciting task of wrestling his stinky self through all those tunnels and back up toward the exit. We made it though!
Behind the Kids Market, there was a pond with pigeons and geese, and a neat boat for kids to play on.
By the time we made it home, M was worn out from all his fun.
That night we made French bread pizza out of some yummy French bread we bought at the market. M takes his job as cheese sprinkler very seriously!
And everyone knows that all good chefs sample as they go...
Today we had a quick lunch out, followed by our usual Wal-Mart run.
While I shopped, K and M FaceTimed... which was great for me, because I can actually think when little M isn't asking for "tandy" and snacks on every aisle. I know any mom can relate to that!
And that was our week!
Sometimes I feel like my blog posts are just a highlight reel - our very best and brightest moments put together for you all to see. But as you read each week's post, remember that there are plenty of not-so-pretty moments in between. There are those times that the "two's" feel more terrible than terrific. There are long days, and sometimes there are restless nights. But then there are those other moments, the moments that I see Father's love shining through our little family. Those are the moments that make all the others worth it!
We love you all... keep in touch!






















No comments:
Post a Comment
We would love to hear from you!