The tricky part was navigating the transit system with two borrowed bikes and one little M.
He fell asleep on Daddy's back when we were just halfway there.
Thankfully the buses here are made with bikes in mind! K was able to mount the bikes to the front of the bus.
Once we finally arrived, it was so worth it! (Easy for me to say since I wasn't the one hauling 24 pounds of toddler on my back, right?) The park was so beautiful, and M loved riding in the pull-behind trailer we rented.
Best part of any helmet? The buckle of course!
There were so many beautiful views!
We stopped for sandwiches...
A few pictures...
And of course a quick playground break!
The next day (Sunday), we headed out to the Fusion Festival, which was an amazing celebration of cultures from all over the world. Each of the represented countries (and there were SO many!) had a tent filled with things unique to their culture and a booth selling their traditional foods.
M and I enjoyed a mango smoothie from Jamaica!
And... yes, you guessed it! We also found a playground. :)
Here's a view of our building from a nearby park. We're way up there in the tallest one!
I'll end with a few of my favorite pictures from the week... all from our phones! It's challenging enough keeping up with M without having to carry a big camera too. :)
We are all still doing very well. We are loving this new city life and meeting new people every day. We love hearing from all of you, so please stay in touch!
































I had forgotten all about this beautiful park; I'm so glad you got to go there. I hope you have a chance to visit the aquarium there, too. I haven't visited in years, but it's one of my favorites.
ReplyDelete