Monday, September 30, 2013

4 MORE DAYS! {Our Last Week in Canada}

Our days here in Canada are dwindling down. We have just FOUR MORE DAYS until we board an airplane and begin the next chapter of this journey. Looking back, it seems unreal that we have called four different places "home" in the past twelve months ... and that we are about to make it five!

We have pulled out the suitcases and started the somewhat stressful process of packing. It is easier this time (since we don't have an entire household of stuff to sort through), but with the new baby on the way, we do have a few baby and maternity items to squeeze in that we did not have before. But thankfully, I am married to an expert packer who is great at distributing weight and getting each bag to just under that magical 50 lb mark. I sort and make piles, but he is definitely the one who gets the job done.

Little M talks nonstop about our new country and the airplane that we will ride to get there. Hopefully the airplane ride will be just as exciting to him once we are several hours into it! (Actually since our first flight is at nighttime, I hope he will snooze through most of it... but we will see.)

He is definitely going to miss the daycare class that he has attended while K and I have been busy with work, though! Today, he cried threw a fit when we had to leave, even though he will see them one more time. He is usually great about going with the flow, but I know that transitions are tough on little guys too.

Here he is with one of his sweet teachers! I will have to get a picture of him with his other favorite teacher when we go back on Thursday. I am so thankful for these ladies and the blessing they have been to our family. They will definitely both be missed!


Last week, M's class got to add their handprints to a handprint tree on one of the classroom walls. M loved this and wanted paint on BOTH hands!


Stairs are no problem for this guy. "I just do it myself, Mommy."


A theme of the past week for us has been food. We have been enjoying the wide variety of food options Canada has to offer while we can. From breakfast at Tim Horton's to lunch at a very cool and authentic Italian place, we have been enjoying! Can you tell that M loved his fettucine alfredo and his huge roll (which, by the way, he polished off all by himself)?



M and I even had time to squeeze in one last date to the mall food court. We are easy to please. 


Here are a few of the ways M has stayed busy while we are packing! He loves to make things... especially messes. :)



That's all for now! Can you believe that the next update you read will probably be from South Asia? I can barely believe it myself. We are so ready for this new chapter to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!