Sunday, April 28, 2013

Happy Sunday!

The three of us have just wrapped up our second full week here. It has been a good one! We hope that we are done with sickness here once and for all, but we'll see! Kenny woke up last Sunday morning with my 24-hour stomach virus from the week before. Then by Sunday afternoon, I had it again too! We were both back in class by Tuesday, but by that afternoon, I had a sore throat and fever that kept me out of of class for the next two days. Amazingly and thankfully, little M continues to soldier on and stay well!

One day when I was sick, we opened up the screen so that I could talk to M and watch him play without sharing my germs. He thought this idea was sooo funny!



Speaking of M, he is growing up before our eyes! Nearly every day, he surprises us with some new phrase or “mini sentence.” After struggling to zip his jacket one day, he came to me and said “Mommy zip it.” Or if he wants us to pick him up, he might say “Up please, Mommy.” Also, now when you ask a question, he’ll start by saying “Ummmmm...” while he thinks a minute. One not-so-cute new phrase is “Have it! Haaaaaave it!” which he says any time he spots anything that he would like to, well, have. He has most of his colors figured out if he tries, but if he’s in his silly mood you might as well give up!


We are all really enjoying getting to know our neighbors. They are so sweet with M, and he thinks they are all amazing... especially when he can charm them into taking him outside.




It’s so fun to watch him interact with all his little friends here... and witness sweet moments like the one below (which was totally spontaneous by the way!).



He comes home from school every day talking about his friends and teachers. Almost every day when I ask him what he had for lunch, he tells me “Zeet-za” (pizza). I guess it is just wishful thinking because I am pretty sure they’ve only had that once or twice! Sometimes we will have a simple breakfast in our room to let M sleep in a little longer. He thinks he is really something when he gets to eat his oatmeal with a big spoon!



He discovered dandelions this week!


Opening a surprise package from Mimi!


One night, we got caught out in a downpour on our way back home from the cafeteria. Thank goodness for M's stroller rain cover! K and I were completely soaked, and M stayed perfectly dry. Yes, we know we don't look wet in this photo, but it's tough to take a full-length self-portrait of three people!


One of my favorite time of the day is bedtime. Not just because it means our fireball will soon be sleeping, but also because it's such a special time with M. We snuggle up and read a pile of books. And when it's time to pray, he has a long list of people from back home and here for us to pray for. This week we even prayed cake! I have not yet figured out whether we were thanking Him for it or asking Him for some.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!