After breakfast, it was time for M to head off to his little school. We gave him big hugs and promised to come back for his snack time birthday party. When we walked in the door a couple of hours later, we learned he had a fever and would have to go right home after they sang "Happy Birthday." M of course didn't know about any of that and just soaked up the attention.
As his classmates sang happy birthday and I watched my sweet boy sit there just taking it all in, I couldn't help but get a little misty-eyed. These two years have flown by, and they have been full of so many moments to treasure. I am so thankful for the funny, friendly little toddler that my baby has become.
Once we got home, we had a Mommy & M play day. I hated that he was sick (though whatever he had was not enough to slow him down), but it was really nice to have a one-on-one day with M.
So... we sang, danced, ate lots of pretend play food, and pushed a pile of balloons around in his stroller.
That night, it was party time! M had SO MUCH fun at his "bert-day party."
As you can see, he really enjoyed his cake!
He even got to open some presents!
The next day, M woke up asking for "more bert-day." :) Lucky for him that we WILL be celebrating again with another party after we arrive back in AL.











No comments:
Post a Comment
We would love to hear from you!